Wednesday, June 23, 2010

6/23 Update



I had another blood transfusion yesterday. My sweet doctors have been concerned about a stomach infection. I was having more trouble breathing and they saw a few troublesome spots on my tummy x-ray.

They increased my high flow oxygen from 1 to 4 and turned my O2 up to raise my sats. It seems to have worked as I've been able to wean down today to a 2 flow and mostly room air. The worst part was that they stopped feeding me...YIKES! We discovered that I'm like my daddy when I am hungry...grumpy! Today at 2PM they gave me half a feeding and are going to keep trying to increase it. Since they started me on antibiotics (in case of infection) they poked my head with an IV...so I'm not as handsome as usual with my tubes but still as sweet!

I'm weighing in at 3lbs 13 oz. now!!

(Thanks Karla Whisler for the warm hat and blankets!)