Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My Story

My name is Erazim Prince Denell; I am named after my great grandfather's Herbert "Erazim" Reese and Jack "Prince" Henderson. I was born on May 17, 2010 after 27 weeks living in my mommy's belly. My current home is in the neonatal intensive care unit at St. Elizabeth's hospital but everyday I get stronger so I will be ready for my throne on Hanson Court (move over Metta Dog!). Obviously being born early presents challenges for me and my mommy and daddy. Since out of the womb, I underwent PDA ligation surgery, have been on and off the ventilator due to underdeveloped lungs and slowly am learning to tolerate my mommy's milk.

I love to lay on my tummy, suck on my pacifier, be read Moby Dick (by daddy) and Aesop's Fable's (by Pappy). The most fun I have had is being held by my mommy and daddy; they call it "kangarooing" skin to skin...what a blast!

Mommy and Daddy have had their own share of ups and downs. Daddy had a terrible case of poison ivy so he couldn't touch me for awhile; he also lost his front tooth one day but lucky for him, he caught the dentist who fixed it before he was heading out of town. Mommy recovered quickly from her preeclampsia and surgery; she continues to regain her strength slowly. And both have lost alot of sleep...but I'm worth it! Please continue to pray for me: I want to grow big and strong so I can go home as soon as possible. My mommy and daddy have such wonderful friends and family; they tell me how appreciative and helpful they are as they bring meals, send notes, and say lots of prayers. I definitely have a personality all my own. I've stolen the hearts of many of the nurses here at the NICU and I'm not afraid to tell people what I like and don't like...they've called me stubborn at times (which I've been told I get from my mommy). My handsome looks are all my daddy though!