Thursday, May 26, 2011

My First Fight


So the story goes...Mommy decided to take me to the gym daycare. I've been there one other time and it seemed like a good idea at the time. As mommy returned from a short cardio blast, she came to find me screaming amongst the other children and being held tightly by the caregiver. Mommy assumed I had fallen down as I have been doing alot of that because I am so much more mobile in my crawling and pulling myself up. Mommy said, "Oh it's okay. Did he fall?" The caregiver looked mommy square in the eyes and said, "No actually another boy pushed him down and 'smothered' him". YIKES!!! as the tears rolled down my face. Mommy quickly cuddled me and raced to the car.

Later Daddy asked "Did you get a good look at the other kid"? Mommy raced so quickly to retreat that I did not have a chance to point out the villain. I ended up with a scratch over my eye as my battle scar.

Funny timing as Daddy and Uncle Matty were just philosophizing about what teach "your boys" about defending themselves or someone they love. In this case, I turned the other cheek and well...got "smothered".